Today we’re going to be cooking up something sticky and sweet as we show you how to make your own Simple syrup at home with our very first Just The Tip!
Sugar syrup is used in most cocktails to sweeten the drink without adding the granulated texture of plain sugar. Simple syrup is made by mixing equal parts sugar and water in a saucepan a
most syrups will set you back about 8-15 pounds but with my simple recipe you can make your own for a wallet-friendly two squid. All you need is a saucepan, a bag of white sugar, water and a jar or bottle to keep your syrup in.
- Bring one cup of water to the boil in your saucepan
- slowly stir in one cup of white sugar
- reduce the heat and leave to simmer for a minute or two
- keep stirring the mixture until you can feel resistance on the spoon
- when enough water has evaporated away the mixture should be the same consistency as maple syrup.
- Repeat the process until you have made enough syrup to fill your jar/bottle